Saturday, June 28, 2008

Nikakoi - Goodair + Minimissing (2004)

Nikakoi is the named used by Nika Machaidze for his musical work. However, Mr. Machaidze is not only an electronic musician, but a film director to boot. In addition, he's done soundtracks for other director's films. Nikakoi is a member of the Goslab group in his native Georgia, an association of artists belonging to different medias that describes itself as a "phantom" in function. As both a director and musician, his music as a quality of a soundtrack even if not composed explicitly for a movie. IDM is usually cinematic to my ear though, yet this is increased by the visuals my mind makes of the Caucasus Mountains when I hear his songs. The mood is rather upbeat for what I expected upon first reading about Nikakoi, but that is certainly not a bad thing. Surprisingly fresh, I don't think he can be underestimated.

To be had here (224 VBR kbps):
Nikakoi - Goodair + Minimissing

1 comment:

  1. Nice music. But can you upload the file again? I had it in my old PC, but i lost it... =P
    It would be magnificent.
    By the way, nice blog!

    ReplyDelete