Thursday, July 17, 2008

His Name Is Alive - Xmmer (2007)

As I said I might, this is a posting of the newer His Name Is Alive album, called Xmmer as you might've guessed by now. The style of the album follows Detrola very closely, so much so that the band has claimed it to be a sequel. This is even bore out in that Defever's statement that "Go To Hell Mountain" is a sequel to "I Thought I Saw You Moving." I think that the idea of openly admitting a continuation of a theme, especially such a fantastically designed one as Detrola, is far superior to just a rehash passed off as something new, that too many bands try to do. If you've ever been one to listen to album and wish it was twice as long to enjoy it longer, this is exactly what you've been waiting for. Anyway, if you want to know about how it sounds just read my review Detrola and imagine more tracks that are just as well composed or of the numerous views of either on the interwebs here.

To be had here (192 kbps):
His Name Is Alive - Xmmer

No comments:

Post a Comment