Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Head Wound City - Head Wound City (2005)

According to what I read this band was thought up drunkenly and because it didn't sound horrible the next morning and they had the talent to pull it off it was done. The group is made up of Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jordan Blilie and Cody Votolato of the Blood Brothers, and rounded out by Justin Pearson and Gabe Serbian from the Locust. A strange super-group to be formed, if I've ever heard one. I am a fan of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs but I understand why many aren't, and I feel the Locust is a prime noice outfit so I was really intruged upon learning of Head Wound City. My reservations were towards the Blood Brothers; I was never too huge on them and I recall my high school pals blasting it non-stop for a few weeks one summer to my large distain. Despite these worries, Head Wound City is a remarkably enjoyable band, and I find that I like them even though they're considerably more heavy than my usual fair. If this was any of the members main outlet it'd be a bit more disappointing, yet somehow I feel taht as an experiment of mixing musicians together to see what comes out it is a success. It is loud, intense, and as voilent as I think these fellas care to achieve.

To be had here:
Head Wound City - Head Wound City

1 comment:

  1. the locust makes this band good, all the music is very locustesque

    ReplyDelete