Friday, April 17, 2009

Maserati

I'm not gonna lie, I'm in a terrible mood. College is the lamest shit ever and on top of it I've spent a ridiculous amount of hours at a bus station today waiting for someone to arrive. I gave up and am, naturally, drinking off my rage. Today's offering of music is more post-rock. Maserati is even superior than the previous post of Lebanon, but that is personal opinion of course. They're one of the many many bands that are formed in the south's bastion of independent music, Athens, GA. For myself, this band made post-rock undeniable part of my life. Before them it was give or take with periods of infatuation punctuated by disdain. However with Maserati's extremely solid albums I can't ever truthfully say I'm not a real fan of the genre. Both albums are unbelievable, but lately it has been the more recent Inventions for a New Season that captures my attention. I sure hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

To be had here:




The Language of Cities (2001) [128 kbps]









Inventions for a New Season (2007) [192 kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment