Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Dirtbombs - We Have You Surrounded (2008)

I know these aren't cutting edge new releases I've got up here, but that isn't what I wanted to heard in my recuperation. The Dirtbombs were a staple of my youth, something I enjoyed before the White Stripes really blew the fuck up and made Detroit seem like the certain of the musical world for about 25 minutes. Mick Collins, as mentioned in the previous post, is a veteran of the Detroit scene. A pivotal player since his involvement in The Gories back in the 80s, he has still been making music in several outfits and the Dirtbombs are merely his most famous. This is the latest, albeit not brand new, release they've done and is some excellent rock and roll for sure. Mr. Collins prefers that his music be called simply rock and roll, as he recalls a different meaning of garage rock, but to the layman this can certainly be understood as garage. Lastly, the album art on this is reminds me of sitting in the public library and sifting through hundreds of CDs and always able to tell what was garage immediately by albums art of this kind.

To be had here:
The Dirtbombs - We Have You Surrounded [192 VBR kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment