Monday, March 15, 2010

The Hunches - Exit Dreams (2009)

I have been lax in posting for twofold reasons, midterms and illness. Not that you much care, you just want the free music to begin flowing from this spout again. This album is something I downloaded and skipped for some time as I was waiting for my tastes to cycle back to garage rock before having a listen. As that time as come, thanks to listening to an interview of Mick Collins (of Gories/Dirtbombs fame). A label-mate of Collins, The Hunches have been making albums for most of this last decade and as is usual for In The Red Records it is garage rock/punk music. The reason I liked this album enough to share it is because of the way it seems to blend disparate influences on the style so well. They certainly are garage punk in the sense of Oblivians and New Bomb Turks, but they also incorporate noise to a degree that they remind me Le Shok and Ex Models at other moments. Of particular interest is the song "Carnival Debris" where a channeling of Lou Reed can be easily observed. Enjoyable if you're a fan of any other garage rock or even if you tend to like noise rock. Hopefully I'll get several more albums of different genres up in short order too.

To be had here:
The Hunches - Exit Dreams [192 VBR kbps]

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking your time to upload and get well soon mate~

    ReplyDelete