Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sleigh Bells - Treats (2010)

Straying somewhat from the garage-based agenda of late, Sleigh Bells are more aptly descried as lo-fi electronic/noise pop. I am not really a super motivated guy for concert going, especially working the night shift it can be a difficult, but I would seriously consider trying to see these guys live just because of the level excitement in their music. Then again, I generally dislike people so I doubt it will happen. I think that the female vocals, use of electronic effects, and dance-ability of this album will bring some unfortunate comparisons to M.I.A. (in fact they're signed to her label, N.E.E.T.). However, whereas M.I.A. is a popular musician and has a sound that many enjoyed, for me she didn't experiment enough and shied away from the distorted noise that general radio listeners loathe. More than likely their larger than I realize; they did play pitchfork after all. Nonetheless, for what it is I enjoyed it though I doubt it is a classic. And don't worry, there isn't the terribly annoying gun sound anywhere on here.

To be had here:
Sleigh Bells - Treats [320 kbps] removed by forces beyond my control

No comments:

Post a Comment