Monday, September 27, 2010

Jackie-O Motherfucker - Ballads Of The Revolution (2009)

Shitty luck for me, I wasted the whole weekend with a cold. Stuck in bed reading comics wasn't the worst thing ever, even if I did feel terrible. Anyway, I took the opportunity to download some music as well and I grabbed up some post-rock bands I hadn't followed up on lately. Noticing that Jackie-O Motherfucker had an album I hadn't heard I leap to get it. While not the best of their work in my opinion it sure does compete for one of the most eerie things they've produced. The track "The Corner" sounds like a space rock experiment until nearly a minute in, and it along with the majority of the others have some slow yet not sad singing. Perhaps it is the beginning of the Midwestern autumn and its customary heavy cloud cover and dreary weather that has me all worked up, but this album seemed spooky to me. Gotta say I liked that though. Jackie-O Motherfucker sure knows how to make some powerful music.

To be had here:
Jackie-O Motherfucker - Ballads Of The Revolution [320 kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment