Monday, July 11, 2011

Doop and the Inside Outlaws - Everett Belcher (2009) & Blood River (2008)

Something a bit out of the ordinary for spacerockmountain, alternative country music. Though I've never held any opposition to the alt country genre, I've also never gone too far out of my way to get it. Lucky for me that I ran into an acquaintance of mine at a bar that I had the mild wherewithal to recall being a musician that I could solicit for albums to post here. He's a member of Doop and the Inside Outlaws, though not the man that has chosen Doop for a moniker. They're a shining example of how Detroit is, if nothing else, a city where most any kind of art can flourish including country music. In my meager attempt to explain what little comprehension of country I mentioned Johnny Cash and I was told if I like him I could very well enjoy this. Pretty accurate assessment and it grows with continued listening. Perhaps the best way phrase to describe the soulful, twangy country of this group was suggested by him in the bar, blue collar. They're very much workingmen lamentations. Finally, I'll be forward about that fact that these are links to their bandcamp page and that the albums are fully streamable, but not free for the taking. Do whatever you see fit about that.

To be had here:





Everett Belcher












Blood River

No comments:

Post a Comment