Saturday, December 3, 2011

Doop and the Inside Outlaws - What Am I Supposed Do? (2011)

A new release from this alternative country/roots rock group from Detroit. Again I'll admit I mightn't have gotten turned on to these guys if it wasn't from me having made the acquaintance of a member of the band. However I heard of them, I'm rather happy I know of them now. Luckily in my life I don't have to hear much popular country music, which serves me in not being sour toward country music altogether. So I'll also confess that if any of the popular stuff is half as sincere regarding heartbreak, regrets, and drinking away sorrows as Doop and the Inside Outlaws then I can understand how it is so dominant. This is especially well expressed in the song "Sittin Here" which I immediately liked. Also, there's a rather fine rock song, the aptly titled "You Gotta Rock 'n' Roll Sometimes." Good remorseful music, which can be streamed on bandcamp or bought for $10. Can't get down on Detroiters trying to make a buck too much.

To be had here:
Doop and the Inside Outlaws - What Am I Supposed Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment