Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Gentle Stunts - Beg The Question (2013)

The Gentle Stunts return here with a second full-length after last year's Life-Sized Deadbeats. The style is familiar psychedelic pop with a shimmery, soft delivery but executed with more what sounds to be a better production value. The increased crispness is apparent and allows tracks like "Censorship Dilemma" and "Eclipse Have Won the Race" to really stand out. A very solid follow up that gives exactly what I have hoped for from a new album by these guys, the style I liked about the first album but even more impressive songwriting. Seems like they might be playing shows in Connecticut if you're in that area, and who knows, if I find some money I might makes it to New Haven myself.

To be had here:
The Gentle Stunts - Beg The Question

No comments:

Post a Comment