Thursday, January 30, 2014

Plastic Pinks/ Las Tias (2014)

Every poppy garage jam can use a few reverb drenched "oooohs" and "ahhhhs" over the chorus, and if you have ever heard any of my tunes, you would know that I have an ample supply in my arsenal of sound. Cheap Miami Records must be kindred souls, as they released this awesome split tape between Plastic Pinks and Las Tias. No filler here, just 5 great fuzzy pop jams. "Yo La Vi" is a snotty anthem to those days you find yourself stuck on a frozen highway in Atlanta. It's helping warm my ass as this stupid city gets its ass in gear. When Las Tias' "Vision" kicks in, I feel like getting on a plane and jetting to a Detroit roller-ring, where at least they know how to deal with snow fall. But I guess I'll just have to let these crunchy jams warm me while I sit here and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment